LOOKING FOR: NAVAL ARCHITECT
EYE Marine is an Employee owned Naval Architecture and Engineering consulting company based in Bedford NS. We are currently looking for a full-time Naval Architect to assist with our current work load.
We work on a variety of interesting projects that includes complete new vessel designs, modifications/refits, and various consulting responsibilities including tests and inspections. We encourage real world experience, and value getting our employees out to see finished vessels and vessels under construction, to put some perspective into the theory of ship design.
The following is a list of potential duties for this role:
- Production of construction drawings, arrangement drawings and system drawings using AutoCAD.
- Preparation of stability calculations using GHS
- Creating 3D Hull models using Rhino or GHS
- Structural calculations using first principles and computer analysis
- Structural design using class rules
- Weight estimates for new vessels or for refits
- Performing inclining experiments
- Specification and technical writing
Qualifications and Skills:
- Diploma or Degree in Naval Architecture or related subject
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Proficiency with 3D modeling software (Rhino, Inventor)
- Experience with GHS is desirable but not essential as training can be provided
- Knowledge of Class Rules and TCMS regulations
We perform stability tests on new and recently refit inshore fishing vessels on a regular basis. Applicants must be willing to travel throughout the Maritime Provinces. A valid driver’s license will be considered an asset.
We are excited to bring on a new team member, share our knowledge, and work together to expand our team’s capabilities. If you are interested in this position, please contact Alistair Covill at AlistairC@eyemarine.com, or call our office at 902-463-8940.
For more information on our company, and some of the projects we’ve been involved with, please visit our website at www.eyemarine.com.